If you are an iPhone5 user, and have been waiting to get an untethered jailbreak for your iPhone5, 4th February 2013 is marry day for your iPhone. evasi0n is the jailbreaking tool that you have been waiting for. This is one of the easiest Jailbreaking tool I have ever seen (After jailbreakme), and the best part it supports all major version of your iOS device, and compatible up to iOS 6.1. Just now, I successfully ended up jailbreaking my iPhone5, and here I will share the complete step by step tutorial.
Things to know before using evasi0n Untethered jailbreak tool:
- evasi0n is available for all major OS platform (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- You can jailbreak all iPhone devices which is running on iOS6.0 through 6.1
- Supported firmware: iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad passcode lock is off.
- Take a complete backup of your iOS device using iTunes.
- Don’t run any other program or software while using evasi0n.
Don’t let all technical jargon fool you, as evasi0n is simplest and most effective way to jailbreak your iPhone5 or any other iOS device. To start with the process you need to download Evasi0n 1.0,and here are download links:
Unethered iPhone 5 jailbreak using Evasi0n
Just follow all the steps mentioned below, and you will be good to use evasion. In my case, I’m running 6.0.2 version of iOS, so I will be upgrading to 6.1, and then will perform the untethered jailbreak. If you are already running latest iOS 6.1 version, simply backup the phone, and follow the guide after my update has been done:
- Connect your iPhone5 to iTunes
- Right click > Transfer purchases
- Right click > Backup iPhone
Now, click on restore iPhone, and it will ask you to restore and update your iPhone. Select the option, and depending upon your Internet speed, your iPhone will be updated to latest firmware running iOS6.1. Here is the direct link to download iOS 6.1 for iPhone5 GSM.
So I assume your iPhone 5 is running the latest version.
Untethered Jailbreak of iPhone 5 Running iOS 6.1:
- So far, you have downloaded evasi0n.
- Updated iPhone to latest iOS 6.1
- Took a complete backup of iPhone
- Remove passcode lock, if it was enabled.
Now quit iTunes on your computer, and open evasi0n. Connect your iPhone to your laptop, and evasi0n will detect your iPhone.
Click on Jailbreak, and evasi0n will start jailbreaking your iPhone5 or any other version, running iOS 6.1.
On the screen, it will keep giving you advice, and will reboot your device. This will few seconds, and It will install Cydia too. Ater few seconds, it will ask you to unlock your iPhone, and click on Jailbreak once. Just tap jailbreak once, and evasion will finish the rest. Your system will reboot couple of times, so that is normal.
Now, once your phone stops restarting, unlock your iPhone and click on Cydia. When you will open Cydia first time, it will prepare the file system, which will take couple of seconds. Now, your iPhone 5 is untethered jailbroken. Now head over to our Cydia sources, and add some of the best Cydia source for iOS 6.1. Do remember, Installous is now shut down, so you can try any of these three apps:
- How to download vShare from Cydia
- How to use funbox to install cracked iOS app
- Appcake : Installous alternative
If you are still have any query regarding using Evasi0n, here is a video guide, which I took while jailbreaking my iPad2 (Non-edited version)
This whole process of jailbreaking will not even take more than 5 minutes, and anyone can do it. If you face any problem performing untethered jailbreak of your iPhone5, do let me know.